Thursday, March 31, 2016

Gratitude Blog: Take 2

I thought about my entries for the last few days, but I was busy with family.  So, I'll re-start my pledge to blog for 10 days straight.

Day 1 - Take Two!

I am grateful for the library...and BOOKS

I have always been a library lover.  As a kid, I spent so many days walking down to the local library and checking out a bagful of books: Choose Your Own Adventure, Judy Blume, and a ton of other children and young adult books.  Such great memories.


In high school and college, the library and I separated.  I was too caught up with reading for "work" and other things.

Thankfully, a few years ago, I re-discovered my love of reading for fun and even challenged myself to read 50 books in year.  I haven't quite replicated that number of books in a year, but I have been reading at least a few a year since I made that pledge to "read more books for fun."

And let us be honest.  Books can get expensive and I am cheap.  So, my old friend, the library, and I were reunited - and she has had quite the makeover: online searches, audiobooks, and e-books?  I am in heaven.  To date, I have completed (either read of listened to) 8 books and am in the middle of four other books.  If you're curious as to which books, feel free to look at my Goodreads profile.

https://www.goodreads.com/user/show/5875266-philly

Now, I am off to read or listen to more books. 

No comments: