Monday, November 30, 2009

Another day, another ailment

I'm not sure if it's stress or what, but I have not been all that healthy as of late. I had another round of Vertigo this last weekend - YES, over the holiday weekend! WTF - that lasted until today. I feel a lot better today, but if I move too much (like trying to get 5 loads of laundry washed, dried, folded, and put away) I tend to get a little dizzy. At least it's not the dizziness of the first day, where I felt nauseous after walking less than 10 feet.

This is the second time I have had Vertigo. The first time was in May and I had no idea what the hell was wrong with me. I have to admit that it must be a bit karmic. Years ago, I had a staff person call in sick with Vertigo and while I accepted her reason, when I hung up, I thought, "What kind of made-up illness is that?" But let me tell you, Vertigo is no joke. I'd take a head cold that lasted 10 days over 4 days of Vertigo.

From the research I've read, Vertigo strikes people when they get older. Apparently, I am getting "older" or there is something else going on. Because I have been a pretty healthy person up till this year, I scheduled an appointment with the doctor tomorrow. I want to rule out that the symptoms I am feeling are part of a larger problem at play. Or figure out how to avoid getting Vertigo again.

I have too much to do. I don't have time for crap like this. Seriously.

Have you ever had symptoms like dizziness or being unbalanced? 


(Obviously, I mean when sober...not the whoozy, spinning rooms from being intoxicated! haha)

No comments: