Thursday, May 27, 2010

Past and Present Hopes...


I had hoped that I would be traveling to Greece this year.  This particular hope - or dream - had been on my "list" for a few years.  I figured since this year marks a landmark birthday (The Big FOUR OH for those of you who don't know), it was as good a time as any.

Alas, it isn't in the cards.  With my husband's layoff last year and his current contract job ending in a few months, I have to be realistic.

I shouldn't spend the money on a frivolous trip to Greece - not when we have two kids to feed, a large mortgage, and bills up the wahzoo.  It wouldn't be responsible.

And I'm all about being Ms. Responsible nowadays.  Long gone are the days of dancing on bartops or talking to strangers late at night.  Reality includes a preschooler who broke my Giorgio Armani prescription glasses and a tween who tells me she still doesn't like boys.  (Does this child think I'm stupid?  Um, okay.  And I can still do the splits like I did in high school...not.)




But you know what? 

I wouldn't have it any other way.  Even though I never thought I'd be married with kids, deep down inside, I guess I had always hoped I would end up with a loving husband and two beautiful children....(don't most girls dream of this?)

and I did. So, I guess my most secret hopes became a reality, and if that includes some broken glasses and a daughter in denial, so be it.  :)  And I'll take that over Greece any day!






No comments: