Monday, May 17, 2010

Today was....a day...and not necessarily a good one!

If my head wasn't connected to my body, I probably would have left that somewhere else today. 

Seriously.  If it wasn't one thing, it was another. 

**Warning: I am completely frazzled and a bit queasy (stupid vertigo), so it is definitely possible that I am not making sense.  Please be aware of this fact before continuing.  I just need somewhere to vent.

Today, I went to my first class and left my glasses there.  I walked back to my office and proctored a make-up exam, hastily packing my bags for my next class.  With my TWO huge bags, I walked over to another building to pick up a bicycle (from a wonderful colleague who gave it to me for FREE - woo hoo), walked back to the main department office to drop off the bike, and then headed to my last class...in a building on the opposite side of campus, OF COURSE.  Trying to set-up the game activities with a hastily packed bag is not something I recommend.  It is incredibly difficult to find what is needed.  In my scattered disposition, I couldn't find my camera and thought I left it back at my office.  While re-packing everything at the END of class, I did find the camera.  This was when I realized that I had left my glasses in my first classroom - you know, the one on the opposite side of campus from where I was standing at that instant.

What in the world...?  Grr...

Seriously, what the heck?

Vertigo sucks.  I have an appointment with an Ears, Nose, and Throat doctor in a couple weeks.  Hopefully we can figure out how to eliminate or decrease the episodes.  I think three episodes lasting 4-6 days, in a span of 12 months, is not good.  I can't think clearly.  I think I'm too busy trying to concentrate on not moving around too much; moving aggravates it.

Fortunately, my students still seemed to enjoy today.  I had a good time, too.  I just wish I felt better. 

For now, I'm going to go sit down somewhere and not move my head.  Maybe I'll just fall asleep.  Oh, wait.  I have kids who are awake and need to eat dinner. Scratch that.  Maybe I'll get to rest in about 2 more hours.

Fabulous.

No comments: