Monday, June 14, 2010

I feel like a kid in a candy store!

Summer is here: the weather is beautiful; I don't have to work; the kids are home; days are ready to be scheduled with fun and exciting things.  The beach is awaiting our arrival.  Playdates are calling our names. Museums, zoos, and parks are ready for our visit. Crafts and other activities are beckoning.

There is so much I want to do and see.

I have no idea where to start. I feel like a kid in the candy store!
This week, we have so much planned: a playdate, a beach trip, lunch with an old friend, martial arts class, a visit to Nicky's daycare.  This summer, we are planning to go visit my uncle in Fresno, take a trip with friends to the Delta for some RV camping, go to Great America multiple times, drive out and see the dolphins at Discovery Kingdom at least three times, make it to the beach at least a couple times, and enjoy a short family trip somewhere yet undetermined.

I know.  I know.  Summers are also supposed to be for lazy days.  I'm sure we'll have some of those, too...but for now, I am trying to fit it all in.  We'll do as much as we can, but I'm sure there won't be enough days for all we want to do.  There never is. :P

All I have to say is....Just like the kid in the candy store, regardless of whether we get to all of it, I know we'll surely have fun trying!

No comments: