Monday, June 21, 2010

Scheduling Summer Fun...

I tend to overschedule.  It's just what I do.  Even in the summer - a time for relaxation and rest - I schedule one thing after another.  I am forever making lists and trying to fit everything in and get everything done.

Here's what I mean.  The following is a photocollage of last week:

The past week included a playdate that involved a slip-n-slide and dress up (photo bottom left); a trip to the beach (top right); two appointments; a few hours at the pool (bottom left); volunteering at my son's preschool; the movie Karate Kid (top left); taekwondo classes; martial arts belt promotion (middle); and Father's Day, which included lunch and shopping.

I have no idea why it is I schedule myself this way.  Bad habit, maybe? Actually, today we were supposed to go see Shrek, go to martial arts class, and then pick up a little boy whom my daughter babysits.  However, my son had such a sleepless night last night - which obviously gave me a sleepless night as well - that he'll be desperately needing a nap when the movie was playing.

And you know what that means!?

We aren't going to the movie!  hahaha.  And the little boy my daughter watches isn't needed our help today, so that means we only have one thing on the agenda: martial arts class.

It's nice not to have to go anywhere right now.  Of course, I do have laundry going and am planning to vacuum the house.  Oh, and I have to go grocery shopping and entertain the kids.  Speaking of those kids, my son had a meltdown already this morning; he also shot a toy into my daughter's eye; and my daughter has proceeded to ask me if she can get on the computer (bored, already?).

Gah.  Maybe THAT is why I tend to schedule so many things!  Who wants to go grocery shopping, clean, and deal with whiny kids?

Then again, at the moment, they are playing REALLY nicely - laughing and having a good time.  :)

No comments: