Sunday, September 19, 2010

Yes, I am a thrill seeker!

There is no other way to put it: I love me some adventure.  For whatever reason, I have always enjoyed a good adrenaline rush.  From climbing rooftops as a kid in the city to skydiving as an adult, I have always loved the excitement of doing something daring.  And let me say this: whitewater rafting is a great way to satisfy that lust for adventure.

Each time I go whitewater rafting, I know I want to go back.  Unfortunately, sometimes life just gets in the way...or other things come up that I also want to do!  This year, however, I was able to go!

And it did not disappoint!!!

Our rafting guide, Scott, was awesome: great sense of humor, friendly, and fun...with great leadership skills.  The company was fabulous!  Catching up with a former student is always awesome...and meeting our raft buddies - a family of four - was fun.  We all had a good time, joking around and playing in the water! The rapids were great.

But the best part was being able to go with my daughter.  I'm so proud of her.  She has been showing so much more independence recently.  She is willing to try things she wouldn't have been open to earlier, even if it sounds challenging or difficult or scary.  Even when the rapids were looking "scary," she was giggling, overcome with excitement, and bouncing up and down on her seat (of course, while holding onto one of the straps!).  She was so comfortable that during the rapids, once she spotted the camera, she even raised her hand to give the peace sign and a cheesy smile!

I can't wait to go back again...with my daughter.  Maybe this will be an annual mother-daughter trip.  How fun would that be?!  I had a blast with everyone.  Thanks for the fun time!

No comments: