Sunday, January 12, 2014

Gratitude Post #5: Family Vacations




I am so grateful for vacations.  It doesn't really matter to me if it's a stay-cation or a vacation where I travel somewhere, I am just appreciative of the time to spend "getting away from it all."

Lucky for me, this past week, I spent a few days in Disneyland with my husband and kids.  We hadn't been on vacation together since 2011.  (My husband is not a big fan of traveling and has tended to "cash out" vacation days - a true workaholic.)  But truth be told, the last couple years, we were also trying to save money for bills and other things and a "big" family vacation was just not in the budget.




Speaking of budgets, one of the best decisions I made was reserving a condo near Disneyland.  Not only did we save money by eating at "home" most meals, but we had a space to get away from the parks.  It was still walking distance (which was awesome) and we had two bedrooms, a kitchen, and 2.5 bathrooms!  The kids could go to bed and we could stay up.  We could snack on tangerines and eat mac & cheese for dinner instead of spending a fortune at a restaurant.  It was fabulous.  I definitely plan on staying at condos for future Disneyland visits!







The trip was filled with fun rides, like the Cars Ride, Splash Mountain, Indiana Jones, and Pirates of the Caribbean.  We rode Toy Story Mania for the first time.  We actually got on all the rides we wanted pretty easily, opting to head to the park when it opened and leaving after lunch to miss the lines.  SCORE!  We even rode on the several rides twice.  Woot!  Seriously can't beat that.

One day, after getting on all the rides we wanted, we went to Downtown Disney and watched the movie, "Frozen" at the AMC.  We also made the obligatory stop at the Lego Store, probably one of my son's favorite stores ever!



Finally, we finished off our trip with breakfast at Goofy's Kitchen before heading home.  I got to see one of my favorite characters: Baloo from the Jungle Book.  The Mad Hatter was also especially entertaining.  He was seriously cracking me up with his conversation!  I also love how Pluto just forced himself into a picture with my husband!  haha.  Sully from Monsters did the same thing, pushing him closer.  This is probably why you see him smiling in the photos! HAHA.

It was definitely a fun time and I know the kids liked getting to spend so much time with their dad.

Sometimes vacations can be stressful and tiring.  But sometimes they can be both tiring and relaxing.  We were tired from all the walking, but it was relaxing getting to just "chill" at the condo, eat normal food, watch TV, or even play with puzzles.  I truly feel blessed that we were able to have such a wonderful family vacation.






No comments: