Sunday, April 17, 2016

Daily Gratitude Blog Fail...but thankful nonetheless

I have come to realize that I am too busy to blog daily, but it isn't as though I don't take the moment to be grateful.  I do.  I just don't blog it.

I can't commit to daily blogging, but I will definitely try to pop in from time to time to write about the things for which I am grateful.

Let's make a list right now...of all the things for which I am grateful at this very moment:


  1. That my son is open to hanging out with his mama.  We just got back from the pool.  It was a mini-trip - an hour - because I have a ton of things to do today.  But it hit just the spot.  I got a bit of vitamin D.  My son got some exercise.  We cooled off from this heat. What could be wrong with this scenario?
  2. That my daughter finds joy in speech and debate.  She volunteered at the tournament yesterday and got to watch her peers compete.  Just listening to her talk about what she saw yesterday, it was clear how much she enjoys it.
  3. That I have recommitted to reading.  For so long, I wasn't reading books; I was too "busy" mindlessly scrolling through facebook or other social media apps.  And now, after finding the library apps, I now have three ways to access ebooks and audiobooks...on top of reserving books from the local branch library.  This year, I have read a dozen books and I think I'll finish at least two more before the month is up.
  4. My husband.  For all the things he does...I feel very blessed that he has stuck by me all these years.
  5. The weather.  It is in the 80s today.  AMAZING.  The sun on my face.  Relaxing on a lounger by the pool!  I am not sure today could have gotten better than that.  I know it will start raining this week and we need the rain, so I'll be happy with that, too.
  6. Fruit trees.  Our beautiful lemon tree has been such a wonderful treat.  Because of this awesome blessing in the backyard, I have been drinking infused lemon water almost daily.  It makes water SO MUCH BETTER.
That's enough for now.  I could probably write more, but I am also trying to be more productive overall.  This means, I need to log out of blogger and get some other work done.  

Until next time!

No comments: