Tuesday, April 5, 2016

Gratitude Blog Day 6: Challenges

I am grateful for challenges.




I have to admit that I can be a pretty lazy person.  That's probably why I try to participate in challenges now - or challenge myself with specific tasks. It's the only way I'll do something.

Currently, I am participating in the Goodreads reading challenge - and am planning to read 25 books this year.  It isn't an enormous amount, but it is one that is do-able and will keep me motivated.  I hope to exceed it.  Given I am simultaneously reading (or listening to) books 11 and 12, I think I'll complete it easily.  It's not even summer yet!

I have also been known to try fitness challenges (30 Day Plank Challenge or Monthly Cardio Minutes), but at present, the only fitness challenge I am completing is one for myself: lifting at the gym 2x/week and cardio 2x/week.  Sometimes I can exceed that amount, but with the kids' schedule and my work schedule at the moment, I can't commit to more.  I also try to hit yoga once a week, but I haven't added that to my challenge list...yet.

I am grateful for challenges...because it makes me feel productive.

No comments: