Friday, July 23, 2010

Lovely, Lovely Lists

My entire life has been filled with lists.  I love making lists and to be honest, it is the only way I'll get everything done.  With a million things on my plate (or at least it feels like it), I can never remember it all; this means that without a list not much gets done.

Sadly, the only list that has been maintained well has been the one I have on 43things: My Life To Do List - what others may call a "Bucket List"- a list of things I want to accomplish within my lifetime.  And that is simply because a life list can take a LIFETIME to complete, so I'm doing well when I complete one or two things a year!  haha.  I'm starting to think I should make a list just for the summer because time is running out and I still have so much I want to do and too much to take care of before it's over!

Actually, hold up!  What a great idea! (I'm soooo brilliant! haha. jk)  So, without further ado, here is my list of "The Things I Hope to Do During My Summer Vacation - part 1."



Have a yard sale.  To note, we are planning to do this tomorrow...which is why I shouldn't even be blogging; I should be prepping for that!





Paint the office.  This has been on my mind for over a year, ever since my son colored on my office wall with crayon and I was never able to get it all to disappear!







See the baby dolphins. I know we've already been here this summer, but as a season pass holder, I'd like to go more often.  Last time, my son didn't even make it to Thomas land - or whatever it is called.










Use our Great America passes.  I knew I probably shouldn't have bought the passes, but I did.  And as of today - mid-summer- we have yet to go there once.  How sad!  Plus, I loved Snoopy as a kid and would love to check out Planet Snoopy.






Go to the planetarium portion of the museum.  My aunt got our family a membership and we have gone twice...and still haven't made it into the planetarium.  I have now heard that is the first thing to do...because the lines get long.  Our membership ends next month, so we have to do this soon!  Plus, I could definitely go to see the jellyfish again.  Those things are soooo cool.



Plan a family vacation.  I have been putting this off simply because these can be expensive, and as with most of the planet, money is tight. And since our jobs are unstable and money is already stretched, I feel like this may be an unwise venture, but since we have never actually gone on a family vacation for more than a night - last year we went to Hearst Castle for a day - I keep thinking "Carpe Diem" and that we should do something.  So, I'm thinking I should just plan one...not necessarily book it.   At least we'll be ready with the info (the whats, wheres, and costs) when the time is right.


Take care of all the necessary appointments before going back to work.  I need to bring the car in for service, go to my eye doctor, go to another sleep test, take my son in for a well-check, etc. etc.










Whitewater rafting.  I bought tickets to go whitewater rafting and need to go THIS season.  I haven't been in a few years and I definitely can't wait to go!






There are so many other things I want to do and/or need to do, but right now what I need to do is start gathering stuff for my garage sale tomorrow!  Hopefully, with this partial list I'll be more accountable!  Only time will tell.

Summer is half over.  Or...we still have half our summer left.  (Not sure if you are a glass half-full or half-empty sort of person! haha)

So, what do you want to do before summer is over???

No comments: