Friday, April 30, 2010

Amazing Students!

I’ve been fortunate to have had some wonderful, inspiring students and I am grateful when they keep in touch.  I love hearing about their adventures, their accomplishments, and their dreams.  It always makes me happy to see my students make their goals and dreams become a reality.  But no matter where they are on their paths – if they are touching base for a recommendation letter, are needing an ear to listen to their struggles, or are just sharing their accomplishments – I am always happy to see or hear from them.
This week, I heard from quite a few students who I hadn’t heard from in quite some time.  One is going back to grad school, looking into vacating the Bay Area – maybe moving onto SDSU or Cornell.  Another student completed one of their Life List goals – bungee jumping – in Africa, no less.  Africa?  That’s amazing.  Another former student, whose passion was shopping, is now employed as a buyer.
Seriously, I have the best job. :)

No comments: